I want to write something beautiful. I've been listening to oodles of local hip-hop. Dessa, Sage Francis, Atmosphere, Grieves, etc... There is so much soul in their music and lyrics. I find myself moved by the beat; hit by the pain and power of the lyrics. The content of this music is so much more relevant than the majority of mainstream tracks.
I'M SO HIPSTER LIKE THAT.
Crystal recently made a comment about how I'm in the 'obscure phase' that everyone goes through. If anyone has the power to make you feel small it is your big sister.
SHE'S LUCKY I LOVE HER.
...and like her most of the time.
Now for a fine specimen of Mpls hip hop...
"...before you came along I was a lone cub,
fell in love with language / tried to tell the grown-ups,
about the storm clouds / the weather in my head,
hadn't heard the word for melancholy yet..."
No comments:
Post a Comment