11.08.2010

FourWords and OneSentence

What's the worst/most surprising thing you've ever done?

This was the question floating about Food Avenue this evening. I was bewildered by the honesty of my co-workers.

"I had a threesome with my parents in the next room."

"When I was 18 I had sex with a 29 year old while my friends watched."

"I stole $400 worth of marijuana from a drug dealer. Then, I drove 90 mph down the wrong side of the road past a police station."

"I hooked up with three guys in one night."

Me? I was at a complete loss as to what to say. I've got plenty of stories sure, but was I about to share them with these people? They jumped at the chance to share their secrets. Granted, these aren't the most flattering of anecdotes but my stories can't be condensed into a sentence or two. Can they? Let's see...

I've been to JDC for Truancy and arrested and put on probation for assault

I've had at least three passive suicide attempts.

First hospitalized for mental illness/behavioral issues at age 12.

Somewhere between 10 and 12 hospitalizations followed.

I've given a blowjob in a movie theater.

I've never done any drugs.

I'm a virgin.

It's been one year since I left my residential treatment center.

I've lived in a group home.

I'm an excellent manipulator?

These all seem as if they would require greater explanation, something I'm not sure I would want to get into with them.

I don't quite know what people want.

I want more connections, I desire a companion with whom I can share my life, even my best friends don't know a lot of things on this list. God, I'm lonely. Sometimes I wish my standards were lower. But that's a lie... I actually wish I had the one I admire. I miss the touch and embrace of a man who cares about me. One day it will happen again, I just wish it to be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment