That's the question I was once asked when discussing what tattoo to get.
I thought but could not think of a thing I valued enough to have permanently etched on my skin.
Other than words that is, most of which are far too revealing of my character to be so exposed.
That changed this Christmas.
I was given a magnetic dress up squirrel.
I cried.
I was so amazed that someone in my extended family knew me well enough
to get me something that made me that happy.
It was on my second squirrel present that I dropped any reluctance to paint the adorable little creature on my body. Perhaps a small one on my bottom. Regardless of placement, it is happening.
![]() |
| Close to what I want, but I do not steal. |
I've also decided that if I go 5 years without self-mutilation
I will get a tree branch tattoo on my shoulder,
with a winding trunk to my forearm and all it's scars.
As 5 is the wood anniversary it seems appropriate.
![]() |
| From the oppression of the depression, the abandonment, and the youthful cynicism, comes strength of character, patience, and the wisdom of the value of immersion in innocence and immaturity. |
I hope that unlike this bird, I leave my cage by then.


No comments:
Post a Comment